Fill in the Registraiton Form Online!
Sign up now to try a lesson – completely free!
What you learn from dancing at JJIU
- You learn to work as a team! Teamwork makes the Dream Work!
- You have the opportunity to develop leadership skills. At JJIU our older dancers often mentor our younger dancers. This gives them a great foundation for leadership within the team.
- You learn commitment and accountability. Not just to yourself or your parents but to the team.
- You learn organizational skills and time management. As a dancer you need to be organized. You need to know which hair bow goes with which costume and need to make sure you have everything packed for all occasions. You learn how to be on time. Call times are very important in dance.
- You learn to set goals and achieve those goals.
- You learn to give back to your community. We are proud to be from Port Hope and the Northumberland community and give back where we can.
- As a JJIU dancer you grow up believing in yourself and that your smile, energy and positive attitude can change the world around you for the better.
Why choose JJIU ?
At JJIU we have been building kids up since 1999! That’s 17 years of experience behind us.
At JJIU we teach our classes through a proven approach that encourages self-confidence and imagination in a safe and rewarding environment with experienced, passionate teachers. Jennifer’s Jazz it up! Is a place where kids feel they belong. We are a family! Our attention to detail in everything we do shines through. JJIU is all about providing quality dance instruction in the perfect environment for your young dancer to thrive.
JJIU Dancers Shine !
Benefits of being a JJIU dancer
That’s always the most important. If your not having fun, chances are you won’t want to go and wont’ put as much effort into it. It feels good. To listen to the music and get your body moving.
Just about anyone can do it!
You don’t have to be good to try it! Dance at JJIU is inclusive to anyone! We are here to teach you and help you along the way. You don’t have to walk in the doors as a professional – if you want to learn in a positive and nurturing environment then JJIU is for you!
It builds confidence!
At JJIU we are all about empowering our dancers full of confiDANCE! We want them to hold their head up high and be proud of who they are and where they come from. We encourage them, inspire them and give them opportunities to shine bright like the stars they are!
It’s great for your Brain!
Dancing is good for your mental health. It releases endorphins and that make you feel good! Dance is also fabulous for your memory. While your teaching your body to do a sequence of moves you are also training your brain in memory work. Dancers often know several dances at any one time and hold onto those series of movements for years to come.
Dance is great for your Body!
Of course we cannot underestimate the physical benefits of dance. Dance improves your posture; it improves your strength and your flexibility. It also works on your co-ordination skills! While your dancing your heart rate in increased and gets the blood flowing better!